Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ice Castles, Fishing, and a Turkey.....

We took a ride up to Midway to see the Ice Castles. I heard about it a few weeks ago on the news and thought it would be fun to see.

It was spectacular.


It was spectacular until I found out the price to actually go inside! So we took pictures from the outside, along with a dozen or so other people who I'm guessing didn't want to pay either. Theres just something about paying to see....ICE.
(I'm sure my children are rolling their eyes and shaking their heads, wondering if I will ever stop being a cheapskate....the answer is No!)


As we came back we passed by Deer Creek and noticed all the "Ice Fishermen" & Women. You have to have nerves of steel, be a little insane, or absolutely love to fish.....to actually walk out on a frozen lake and make a hole in it and cast a line!


The best part of the day was this Turkey, he was too funny.

We had gone down a dead end street and had to turn around. As we pulled into this driveway we noticed this big old turkey.


And he noticed us. He Fanned his feathers, and started charging the truck, too funny. So of course I had to take pictures.
Who knew that a farmer would have a "Guard Turkey"

No comments: