Sunday, February 15, 2009

The New Kitchen.

We are finally done with the kitchen. Actually the kitchen itself only took about a week, but all the other stuff (tile, lighting, etc) took a little longer. We actually just put in the mini pendants above the island a few days ago. We went to 3 lighting stores, looked through showrooms & catalogs, and finally on a suggestion from Jason went to Lowes. And thats where I found my great pendants! Should have started there to begin with. We still have a few small things to do, but its 99% done.

I am posting a few before pictures just so you can see the difference. We also had to re-do the Big Room, it needed new windows & carpet, it still had the same carpet from when it was built in 1987.


Heres the Kitchen before...just not enough cuboards or counter space.

And here is the New Kitchen!


I love this kitchen. I now have enough cupboard space (plus extra) for all my junk. There is also alot more counter space. Having the island makes it so much easier. I found these swivel barstools brand new on KSL for a great deal. I get teased alot for being a cheapskate....but it usually pays off.


The before picture of the Big Room.



Heres the new windows....the cool thing about them is that both windows slide and the screen slides too, making it really easy to clean.





And here is the after. We divided the room up and tiled a 1/3 of it to put a table out there, and carpeted the rest of it. The table is another great find from KSL it expands to seat 12 people. Just right when everyone is here for holidays or birthday dinners.

2 comments:

Rosenberg Family said...

Wow, the house looks wonderful!! Your kitchen is beautiful!! Did Bruce and the boys do all the work? I love being able to keep better tabs on you guys! We just love your family!
Steph

Susan Brady said...

I love it, Now you need to have a party.